Friday 18 September 2015

Finished Baby Doll Cot





























































Here is the finished doll's cot. I took apart the original cot, I sanded it down and re-painted it blue then I painted a woodland mural on both of the end panels. I then covered the whole thing in a protective top coat before putting it back together with new screws and washers. I made a mattress for the cot out of my daughters old Moses basket mattress and made a mattress cover and a doll sized baby sleeping bag out of some lovely foxy fabric that I found at a local haberdashery shop. I'm really pleased with the end result and I love the fact that something I played with as a child can get a new lease of life to be played with by my children.

Copyright © Joanna Birkett. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment